With about a month until Glasto opens it’s doors who hasn’t begun planning and buying their festival essentials. Let me guide you from the basics to the intricate details to ensure a flawless weekend…
Number One: The ideal playlist to enhance your journey to the festival.
- Blur- Park Life. (A classic to get your journey started.)
- Regina Spektor- Summer In The City.
- Alessi’s Ark- The Bird Song. (A gorgeous new-folk number.)
- Maximo Park- Girls Who Play Guitars.
- Paul Weller- Wake Up The Nation.
- Emmy the Great- First Love.
- Blondie- One Way Or Another.
- Noah and the Whale- 5 Years Time. (Cue whistling.)
- La Roux- Bullet Proof.
- P!nk- Get The Party Started.
Number Two: The festival outfit to stand out in the crowd.
- 1. Wellies No festival is complete without Wellington boots. Come rain or shine they are the perfect accessory for any wise festival-goer. The more colourful, the better!
- 2. Hat or bandana. This recent festival fashion has made farmers look chic, but I honestly love them. Not only do they protect from the sun, but also hide any hangover which may still be lingering from the night before. Team with sunglasses. Big, bold and bursting with colour.
Number Three: A few essentials, not to be forgotten…
- Camping gear: Tent, sleeping bag, water, torch, mallet.
- Wet wipes, body spray, hand sanitizer, sun cream or even some dry shampoo.
- Disposable camera, money and if you’re lucky enough to look younger than your age, then ID.
I will leave the rest up to you, but most importantly… sit back, relax and enjoy the music. See you there!